Thursday, April 7, 2005

phpABC 1.5

Another day, another update. Fixed up the cookies support so it doesn’t save anything to the server. Using cookies should now be a viable option if you do not have permission to update local files with PHP.

Download phpABC 1.5

6 Comments Leave Comment | Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

I appreciate the cookie support. Now my friends can use my site for accessing their ABC too.

Comment by GK — Friday, April 8, 2005 @ 10:33 am

Hi thanx for the great script it means I dont have to switch to the server to check the downloads or to add more downloads

thanx again

Mary

Comment by Mary — Friday, April 8, 2005 @ 6:08 pm

Not wanting to sound stupid here, but I’m in the middle of moving everything (phpABC included) across to a hosting company.. When I had everything on my own PC, everything was great.. Now I can’t get it to work..
I’ve tried everything I can think of, but without getting anywhere.
In the config screen, I’ve put everything in, and when I click to save (either server or cookies) it hangs for about 3 minutes and then gives me Could Not Connect….
I’m using a no-ip domain (tried with both http:// and without.. with gives me a “Could not connect” message immediately) Tried changing the IP setting in ABC between loopback and Auto, and I always end up with the same result.

I’m almost ripping my hair out - Any ideas??

Comment by Kai — Saturday, April 9, 2005 @ 9:11 pm

perhaps your hosting company doesnt allow you to connect to other systems with PHP? or perhaps you have a firewall set up which is blocking the port?

Comment by swiftlytilting — Saturday, April 9, 2005 @ 10:29 pm

When you had it on your system, you forwarded port 80, but now you need to forward 56667 or whatever port you use.

Comment by GK — Sunday, April 10, 2005 @ 1:18 pm

Got it.. I was originally on port 81 (which didn’t work..) I’d tried changing it to port 4111, still didn’t work and then I thought that maybe I’d try a more standard port (like 80) and it worked.. (Although I thought that 81 was at least semi standard, so wouldn’t have throught the hosting company would have blocked it (it’s all good on my side.. ) :)
Thanks for the suggestions guys! :)

Comment by Kai — Monday, April 11, 2005 @ 4:02 pm