Thursday, March 24, 2005

phpABC 1.3 for ABC v3.0

A new version of ABC came out the other day, and it appears the web service got a few more information fields as well as the ability to stop torrents in addition to pausing them. There was also some renaming which broke existing versions of phpABC, so a new release has been created. It works with both PHP4 and 5. You’ll want to install it in a new folder.

Download phpABC 1.3

Update: This old version gets a lot more downloads than other outdated versions; I suspect it is because the blog entry has ABC 3.0 in the name. In case you have arrived here via search engine, phpABC is at version 2.1 as of October 2005 . Find out more at the phpABC homepage.

11 Comments Leave Comment | Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

thanks alot :)

Comment by jens — Friday, March 25, 2005 @ 4:55 am

Call me dumb or not but when I load up phpABC via browser for the first time…it says “Please configure phpABC first” and it showed a button underneath as “Configure phpABC”. I clicked on the button, took me to config page and enter all the nessary info and clicked OK button. It took me back to the first page and still says “Please configure phpABC first”. Any ideas? I clicked View Torrent button but nothing happens. Please I really want to try this web interface php thing! Tell me what to do! Thanks.

Comment by Blackstar — Friday, March 25, 2005 @ 10:37 pm

hmm i’m not sure why it’s doing that but you could configure it manually by editing the config.inc file in /phpABC/includes/

Comment by swiftlytilting — Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 4:23 am

Ok i did what you said, manually editing the config.inc. Still same result…”Please configure phpABC first” shown on page with 2 buttons of “View All Torrents” and “Configure phpABC”. Any ideas? Email orion8269[[at]]yahoo.com for url link to this phpABC on my webserver so you can check it out and maybe see whats wrong with it

Comment by Blackstar — Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 8:55 am

Never mind, it is working now. Forgot to change $installed = false; to true. Thanks for helping!

Comment by Blackstar — Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 10:25 am

I got to say your phpABC works great on my WAP internet device. I had to add 2 line breaks to main.template.html and details.template.html where I can see the remaining buttons of “Resume All”, “Delete Completed Torrents” on-screen in my mobile internet device.

One important thing I think you should implement is Message output. Can you implement it to get messages from ABC torrent? It is important to let user know what is happening with this torrent file when being added to see if theres an error or “out of space”, or “must log in to use this tracker” etc. php4ABC has that implementation and perhaps you can take a look at it and see how can you able to add it to your phpABC?

Comment by Blackstar — Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 1:41 pm

Glad you like it :)

ABC doesn’t report the message field, so I can’t display it

Comment by swiftlytilting — Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 5:49 pm

I just tried php4ABC for ABC v3.0. It CAN report message. Please check it out and see if you can implement to your phpABC.

Comment by Blackstar — Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 5:54 pm

wow i didn’t even know php4abc was still being updated. i’ll check it out

Comment by swiftlytilting — Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 7:03 pm

Last time I saw author’s webpage on php4ABC was discontinued but it does have that message output :) Verison 2.6.1 is what i have now from sourceforge website if you need to get it.

Comment by Blackstar — Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 7:11 pm