Wednesday, March 23, 2005

PHC update

Well it looks like there was a major problem with the first release of PHC; it only worked correctly in Windows 98! I’ve fixed it to work correctly in WinXP, and also streamlined the console/window program type selection.

PHC-SDK v0.11

[UPDATE: PHC has been obsoleted by phc-win]

14 Comments Leave Comment

Awesome dude. I was wondering if there was something like this other than the options from Zend. I guess we can stick to PHP afterall for our Windows Appas, instead of resorting to Python.

/me Bookmarks site…

Comment by ZATZAi — Friday, April 8, 2005 @ 2:45 am

hey
I need you help. i tried to compile my winbinder-appl. But everytime i want to start the .exe i get two warnings:
“Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library ‘c:\eZpublish\php\extensions\php_ldap.dll’”
“Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library ‘c:\eZpublish\php\extensions\php_mbstring.dll’”

I have uninstalled eZpublish a long time ago and there is no such directory!

What’s wrong?!?

luke

Comment by Lukas — Saturday, May 7, 2005 @ 4:18 am

thats weird.. the only thing I can think of is that your code somehow calls those dlls, or they’re loading in a php.ini file somewhere on your computer. try looking for a php.ini in your windows folder and elsewhere in your path

Comment by swiftlytilting — Saturday, May 7, 2005 @ 1:16 pm

Hello
I have a big problem with loading extensions by compiled programs via PHC.
I want to use Sockets extension, so i add ‘, php_sockets.dll’ in the build.bat.
After compiling, the file is correctly copied in the output directory.
After many verifications, it say that php_sockets not loaded, and if I dl(’php_sockets.dll’) it’s the same!
Does PHC correctly load extensions ?

Comment by Julien C. — Thursday, June 16, 2005 @ 6:04 am

is the dl() call inside of a class? it seems the only things that are interpretted are those within a defined class. i havent tried to load .dlls using phc so i’m not sure what the solution is but you can also try adding a php.ini file to the exe directory with a line to include the dll there

Comment by swiftlytilting — Thursday, June 16, 2005 @ 7:11 am

Ok, so it seem to load extensions by php.ini in the application root folder.
This is the init code:

include_path = “.”
doc_root = “.”
extension_dir = “.”
extension = some_files.dll ; Exemple: php_sockets.dll

Be sure that the extension is compiled for your php version.

Comment by Julien C. — Tuesday, June 21, 2005 @ 4:04 am

I have a working program using winbinder…
but, when i compliled it with this…
its only open the windows and close after.

What’s wrong?

Comment by FlycKER — Monday, June 27, 2005 @ 10:16 am

First, be sure that you have create a main class, like this:

class main {
function main() {
// Your winbinder code…
}
}

The problem you have is surelly that you use wb_create_control() instead of using wbtemp_create_control()

Comment by Julien C. — Thursday, June 30, 2005 @ 3:44 am

Great deal done swiftlytilting!! Got one problem up to now: Starting the Coded EXE is fine with WinBinder in console and window mode. Closing WinBinder APP in console leaves Console open. After manual close everthing fine (also deleted EXE process from task).
With PHC EXE and WinBinder in window mode, closing APP is fine. Deleting APP reports error due to existing task process!!!! Have to kill task :(. Did I make a mistake in build.bat or anything wrong with PHC e.g. not detecting APP-Close Signal like in PHP-GTK??

Regards and Hope for the Best!

Comment by Merowinger — Tuesday, August 2, 2005 @ 4:07 am

I suspect this is an issue with WinBinder not indicating the app has closed .. You may wish to upgrade to the newest edition of WinBinder as opposed to using the included DLL file.

Comment by swiftlytilting — Tuesday, August 2, 2005 @ 6:41 am

I wonder how to collect all arguments in command line mode (argv and argc in interpreted php file are ignored)
I used this code in my php file :

$arr = get_defined_vars();
print_r($arr[”argv”]);

Comment by Gee R. — Monday, September 19, 2005 @ 4:14 am

Hi guys,

found the same phpe.exe in the same binary,; but it says PHP4TS.DLL missing once compiled, so I googled for something else and found your site.
My question is: I’m using php 5.1.2 thus have phph5ts.dll not 4 …
Any idea for the new dll ?
thx!

Comment by christophe — Friday, January 27, 2006 @ 12:14 pm

Oh yes, if I copy the ts4 dll the program say:s
PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1
PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0

Comment by christophe — Friday, January 27, 2006 @ 12:16 pm

you can’t use a new DLL with the old exe. You need to use the dll that is in phc package.

I’m hoping to release a new version of PHC that uses embeder and winbinder that will support php 5.0.5 sometime soon though

Comment by swiftlytilting — Friday, January 27, 2006 @ 10:47 pm