Saturday, February 5, 2005

phpABC: A PHP web shell for the ABC Bittorrent Client

I needed a remote client to access my torrent files, and the current PHP edition, PHP4ABC, was outdated and a mess of spaghetti code. So I built a new client from scratch. It doesn’t have a pretty interface just yet but it’s easily customizable if you’re so inclined, and I’ll be sprucing it up for later versions.

Unpack the rar in your web space and read the documentation to finish installation.
Requires PHP5.

Download phpABC v1.1 | Screenshot

7 Comments Leave Comment | Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

I demand screen shots be posted, for those of us too lazy to try it out first. ;)

Comment by Anonymous — Sunday, February 6, 2005 @ 7:59 am

Fair nuff :D It’s nothing exciting to look at, though I’m working on making it nicer.

Screenshot

Comment by swiftlytilting — Sunday, February 6, 2005 @ 8:54 am

I added a phpABC category to the site so you can easily track updates.

Comment by swiftlytilting — Sunday, February 6, 2005 @ 3:18 pm

I am also interested in the ABC web service client but do not have access to a web server running php so I have been using webservice.py to test the web service API. Most of the commands from webtest.py work without error except for ADD and the middle QUERY command. Since the ADD command would be one of the most important commands I would like to use, I was wondering if you have this working properly. I keep getting ‘Error=Can’t get torrent from URL’ from the following:
print wc.sendmesg(”ID|”+ KEY + “\nADD|http://bt.etree.org/download.php/10639/ph1997-08-14.flac.torrent”)

I haven’t looked at any python source code before last week but it seems fairly easy to read. The error message comes from the AddTorrentURL method in class ABCPanel in abc.py which isn’t part of the normal ABC client UI, so maybe this method is now out of date. Are you able to add files to the list remotely? Did you have to alter the ADD command format to work with 2.7.0? Thanks for keeping the web service API topic up for discussion. I think it is the most unique attributes of the ABC client.

zuma

Comment by zuma — Monday, February 14, 2005 @ 11:23 am

I think the problem is due to this site that the torrent file is coming from requires a login cookie. I’ll have to think about how to pass an http request header down with the url. Maybe the torrent file needs to be pulled down interactively and then sent to the remote web service?

Comment by zuma — Monday, February 14, 2005 @ 4:10 pm

yeah sites that require logins are sometimes tricky. I make sure I’m logged in on the computer running ABC but even then I can’t add torrents from some sites.

You might want to try a public torrent site just for your testing :)

Comment by swiftlytilting — Monday, February 14, 2005 @ 6:34 pm